Kokiri Kids
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stray Wolf Saga: Autumn's Howl

2 posters

Go down

Stray Wolf Saga: Autumn's Howl Empty Stray Wolf Saga: Autumn's Howl

Post  Stray_of_Hyrule Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:55 pm

Finally, I am finished with Chapter 1. I wrote this while I was in BCT over the summer.

This story is rated M- for strong violence, gore, strong language, suicidal themes, adult content, and many other things. Its a pretty dark story, so read at your own discretion. Enjoy! =^^= *meow* (thats for Kat)

The Legend of Zelda
Stray Wolf Saga
Autumn's Howl

Part One
Demon Incarnate
Return of the Shadow

Chapter One
Suicidal Tears

The sky was ablazed in a fiery red hue as Din's Eye began to rest behind the distant hills, her gaze dimming to allow her sister's candle to light the night. Dark clouds bloomed on the horizon with the flashes of lightning illuminating them. Farore's breath swept across the land; a gentle prelude to the storm.

Her blonde hair swayed in the wind as she sat on the shoal of the spring, staring at the horseshoe shaped reed that she held in her fingers; that sparkle in her green eyes were gone, replaced by longing.

“Just come home safely.” she asked softly.

“I will.” he answered.

A tear rolled down her pale cheek as the memory came back to her. “You liar.” she whispered then tossed the reed into the water, “You promised me.” The girl pulled her knees up against her chest and rested her chin n them, “Why did you lie to me?” The wind ceased and her golden bangs fell in front of her left eye, trying to hide the sadness in it.

Eleven years ago...

The sun rose above the shingled roofs of the village, its warm gaze shining down upon the waking land and the girl. Her shirt ruffled in the gentle breeze as she walked through the hamlet humming a soft melody. People smiled and waved as the girl went past them; they loved her, she always had a sparkle in her eye, always full of joy, never sad.

The girl went across a small bridge towards a small cottage tucked away in a quiet corner. She walked up the stairs and rapped on the wooden door.

“Be there in a second.” called out a feminine voice. There was a sound of a latch unlocking and the door swung open. A slim blonde woman stood in the doorway in a short dress; she smiled when she saw the little girl rocking on her heels. “Oh, good morning Ilia.” the young woman asked.

“Good morning to you too Uli, is Link home?” Ilia asked.

Uli shook her head, “No, he is still at the Spring training with Rusl.”

“Oh okay”, Ilia said, “I was going to the spring anyways. Bye Uli.” She spun around and headed towards the village gates that exited onto the surrounding forest.

As she approached the wooden gates a young man on horseback came out of the tree line with a wooden practice sword and shield laid across his back.

“Rusl!” Ilia cried when she recognized the man.

“Ah, Ilia, it's great to see that cheerful face of yours in the morning. It makes my day a lot better.” the brown haired man said dismounting the mare.

“Nice to see you too Rusl,” Ilia said, “Is Link still at the spring?” she asked noticing that he wasn't with him.

“Yeah, he is. The boy is there waiting for you.” Rusl took the reins and lead the horse towards Ilia.

“He is? He's awfully attached to the spring. Guess I shouldn't keep him waiting then.” she said and waved.

Rusl smiled warmly, “Alright, see you later Ilia.” He bowed and went inside the village.

Trees towered high into the sky, their canopy blotting out almost all the sunlight, save for a few beams that managed to elbow its way through the leaves and branches to the ground. Ilia silently walked down the path, taking in the tranquility that surrounded her and listening to the resonating sounds of the forest.

The forest was bustling with spring activity; birds were perched high in the tree feeding their hatchlings and squirrels roamed the ground foraging for acorns and other nuts, and the sweet aroma of the blossoming flora wafted on the wind, filling the forest with their fragrance.

As Ilia continued down the path, she heard a peculiar sound; though it was faint, its tune pierced through the forest ambiance clearly. A warm feeling slowly welled up inside her as she recognized it. The melody was a soft whistle, a special kind of whistle, a whistle that only one person could make.

Ilia hastened her pace.

The forest grew thicker the further she went, yet, the song retained its clear, soft ring, its echo unaffected by the deepening trees.

Then, gradually, the forest began to thin out, till she came upon a small clearing. Ilia stood before a small body of water that seemed to radiate a soft light of its own.

And, standing in the gentle glow, was a young boy and a foal. The boy held a horseshoe shaped reed to his lips and was blowing into it, creating a harmonious melody that cloaked the spring in serenity. His light brown hair shined in the luminescence of the spring, the light haloing the youth's figure.

The whistle stopped and he pulled the reed from his mouth and turned around. His face was basked in the soft glow, and he wore a smile.

"Ive been waiting for you." he said gently.

Present day...

The young girl wiped the streams of tears away and closed her eyes. “You would always be waiting for me,” she whispered, “So why aren't you waiting for me now?”

She felt a firm hand touch her shoulder and she looked up with a tear rolling down her face. A middle-aged man stood beside her smiling sweetly at her, but she could tell that behind that smile he felt the same way she did.

"Ive been looking for you." the man said with a smile. Then he saw her eyes, tears fell from her beautiful eyes and that sparkle was gone. He took a knee and held her chin in his hand and with his thumbs, he wiped the girl's tears away. “Ilia, please don't cry. I don't want to see you like this.”

Ilia jerked her head away, “Why should I stop? Even you are crying behind that smile.”

“Because, Ilia, he will come home.” he said.

“How do you know that? She asked, “What makes you think that he will come home? He has been gone for over a month, he should have been here by now.” A tear fell from her tired eyes and splashed upon the sand.

“I know because the boy is a hero, and heroes always return home. I raised him since he was a babe in my arms, he has grown to man that surpasses me, he will not leave you without a goodbye; but that will never happen because farewells aren't in his vocabulary. If he said he will come back, he will keep that promise.”

Ilia continued to stare across the spring in silence, watching the fairies float above the water's surface. “I only have memories now,” the words fell from silent lips.

Rusl sighed and sat beside her. “He will come back, trust me.” He lifted her chin and looked softly into her eyes. “He loves you Ilia, and it's that love that will bring him back. He will not be stopped until he sees you home.” Rusl stood up and reached out his hand. “Now come, it's getting late and its about to storm, let me take you home.”

She looked up at Rusl, her friend and teacher since her childhood, and grasped his hand and pulling herself up. “I want to go to the tree house, I feel like staying there tonight.”

“But, there's a storm coming. Are you sure?” Rusl asked mounting his horse and helped the girl onto the saddle.

“Yes, don't worry about me, I'll be fine.” she insisted. “And, thank you Rusl.” she said. For trying to help me, but I'm still alone and broken inside. Another tear silently fell.

Eleven years ago...

Young Link and Ilia sat on the shoal of the spring with their bare feet dipping in the water, watching the cloud's reflections get distorted by the ripples. A horseshoe shaped reed was pressed against Link's lips and a soft melody whistled as he gently blew into it.

She looked over at Link and blushed.

His face glowed in the illumination of Ordon spring, making his features more distinct.

Ilia traced the haloed silhouette of his face, her eyes followed the soft curve of his cheek and looked at his ears. They weren't small and round like hers, they were long and pointy like an elf. She adored his ears; she would always grab them and play with them.

Her eyes continued past his temple and smiled at his brown hair. It was unkempt as always and no amount of brushing and combing would trim it.

Then her eyes fell upon his most keen feature. His eyes were large and round and the most beautiful hue of blue. She loved his eyes, they knew no hate nor anger nor fear nor sorrow. Nothing but joy and love.

“Hey Ilia, come to the tree house, I have something I want to give to you.” Link said pulling the reed away.

Ilia's face lit up, “Really? What is it?”

He wagged a finger, “I'm not telling, it's a surprise.” he answered with a smile. Link got up and saddled Epona and helped Ilia onto the back of the foal. He snapped on the reins and lead the pony out the spring gates.

Sunlight elbowed its way through the canopy of the forest, the thin strands making patches of light upon the faces of the children as they rode on the back of Epona down the leaf-strewn path. Dew rained from the leaves and splashed into tiny pools about the base of the trees and birds sang from up high in the treetop. The peaceful ambiance surrounded the two with their laughter echoing through the woods.

Soon, the trees began to thin out into a large clearing with a tree house stretching in the middle. Link and Ilia dismounted Epona and tied the reins to a wooded stake beside the tree.

“Here we are.” the young boy said entering the tree house. The room was small with pictures hanging on the walls. Link went over to a small desk and looked over his shoulder, “Close your eyes and hold out your hands.” he said. Ilia did as she was told and heard a ruffling sound coming from the desk, then felt something get placed in her palms.

“Okay, you can open them now.” she heard Link say.

Ilia slowly opened her eyes and saw a small wooden box in her hands.

She put her right palm on top of it and unlatched the hook and opened it. Her face lit up when she saw what was inside it: a small metallic horseshoe shaped flute laid in the center. Ilia was speechless when she picked it up by its silver necklace, all she could do was stare at it.

“Do you like it?” Link asked.

“I- I love it!” Ilia cried. She jumped on top of Link and kissed him on his cheek, making him turn a deep red.

“I knew you'd love it. I had Jeffery's father make it especially for you. Look on the bottom of it.” He smiled.

Ilia flipped it over and saw an inscription engraved into it, tears began to well up in her eyes and a deep blush colored her cheeks..

“I will always be waiting for you.” was etched into the back of the flute.

Link took it and clipped it around Ilia's neck.

She held the flute and turned it around, looking at her teary reflection on the shiny surface. “Thank you Link, I will always wear it.”

“You promise?” he asked.

“I promise.” she answered and looked up at him.

Present day...

Ilia stood in front of the small desk in the darkness, staring at herself in the mirror. Dark rings shadowed her green eyes from not sleeping for days, staying up all night just waiting for his return. Her hand was on her chest, touching only bare skin where the flute once rested. “I broke my promise... I gave the flute back to you.” She fell to her knees and broke out in tears, “I lied to you! That's why you aren't here, you hate me!”

Lightning flashed through the window, illuminating the room, thunder rumbled and slowly drum rolled away, rain pattered against the windowpane and the wind howled. Ilia stood up and another flash of lightning lit up the room, showing a reflection of an expressionless face with tears dripping off her chin, then everything went dark again with the sound of thunder. She opened a drawer and picked up an object and held it in front of her face. Lightning flashed again, revealing a small dagger in her hands.

“This pain is too much for me to bear. You're gone because of me,” she pressed the edge of the dagger against her throat, “Now I will never burden you again.”

But she stopped.

She heard a peculiar sound; though it was faint, its tune pierced through the loud rolls of thunder. A warm feeling slowly welled up inside her as she recognized it. The melody was a soft whistle, a special kind of whistle, a whistle that only one person could make.

She dropped the knife and spun around, darting out the door and down the ladder.

The rain pattered against her face and the wind gusted around her, but she ignored it. Ilia dint know what was making her do this, her body felt like it was moving on its own, being drawn by the whistle. She ran into the forest down the soaked path. She tripped on a rock, landing hard against the wet muddy ground. She staggered to her feet, her shirt wet and brown with mud, but she kept running, not letting anything stop her.

The melody grew louder and her pace quickening as the storm began to dissipate, the thunder and lightning now off in the distance.

Then, at last, she reached the gates to the spring, and the music stopped. Only the sound of faint thunder and the drips of rain echoed through the forest.

Ilia eye's widened when she looked ahead at her, at the small pond.

Standing in the gentle glow of Ordon Spring, was a young man and a grown horse. The boy held a horseshoe shaped reed to his lips and was blowing into it, creating a harmonious melody that cloaked the spring in serenity. His light brown hair shined in the luminescence of the spring, his green tunic caked in mud and stained with blood.

The whistle stopped and he pulled the reed from his mouth and turned around. His face was basked in the soft light, and he wore a smile.

"Ive been waiting for you." he said gently.

Ilia ran to him and collapsed into his arms, finally getting to rest.

A tear fell down her cheek but the boy wiped it away.
Stray_of_Hyrule
Stray_of_Hyrule
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 30
Humor : All your base are belong to us.
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Back to top Go down

Stray Wolf Saga: Autumn's Howl Empty Re: Stray Wolf Saga: Autumn's Howl

Post  Guest Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:35 am

Wow, I actually cried. affraid !!

This touched me..=/