Kokiri Kids
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Miyamoto wants 'big, new ideas' in next Zelda

2 posters

Go down

Miyamoto wants 'big, new ideas' in next Zelda Empty Miyamoto wants 'big, new ideas' in next Zelda

Post  Dan Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:32 pm

nintendowiifanboy.com wrote:

The Zelda team is currently beavering away at the next game in the series, and it sounds like the title might introduce a different spin on the usual Zelda formula.

Shigeru Miyamoto has told IGN that the Zelda franchise requires "big new unique ideas," and added that the development team "is very focused on trying to find those ideas." He ruled out adopting a first-person perspective for the series, after IGN reminded him that Eiji Aonuma showed The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess played through Link's eyes at GDC 07. May we recommend a side-scrolling game interspersed with lengthy, high-quality cut-scenes? Oh, uh, never mind.

Anyway, while Shiggy's comments are rather vague, this does raise another issue: is the Zelda series growing stagnant? The initial outcry over Wind Waker suggests change is a delicate issue with the fans!

Dan

Male
Number of posts : 141
Humor : Dry
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Miyamoto wants 'big, new ideas' in next Zelda Empty Re: Miyamoto wants 'big, new ideas' in next Zelda

Post  Indosay Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:56 pm

Well, this was posted a while ago, but no one's replied to it yet, so I will.

Honestly, I could go either way with this issue. I mean, I would be happy playing Zelda games the rest of my life, even if they are all like TP or OoT. Yeah, kinda the same, but it's that simple, mysterious, magical feel of Hyrule that everyone plays the game for anyway. I mean, it's all those awesome places you had in your head when you were a little kid that you can now run around in on the game. So if they never changed, I may be a little bored, but it wouldn't kill me, as long as the story is alright.

But, something new is always welcome. And it doesn't mean that they will never do a classic Zelda game again. I agree, first person would not be good, nor would side scrolling. Hyrule's too big to go back to side scrolling. Though I'm not sure what they could do to revamp it that much without losing some of its touch. I had no problem with WW after I got used to it. In fact, I thought it was kind of nice. It made TP that much more fun, having just come from cell shading.

But, i trust the Zelda team, more or less, and don't think they would do anything to sabatoge the series. Hopefully...
Indosay
Indosay

Male
Number of posts : 10
Humor : That's what she said.
Registration date : 2008-12-02

http://www.myspace.com/emulusmusic

Back to top Go down